Idaho State House District 32 A
Idaho House of Representatives members serve a 2-year term and are responsible for translating the public will into public policy for the state, levying taxes, appropriating public funds, and overseeing the administration of state agencies. These responsibilities are carried out through the legislative process — laws passed by elected representatives of the people, legislators.
Click a candidate icon to find more information about the candidate. To compare two candidates, click the "compare" button. To start over, click a candidate icon.
Stephanie Jo Mickelsen
1. What do you hope to accomplish if elected?
2. What experience has prepared you for this office?
3. What do you see as the most significant challenges Idaho faces that you might be able to address in this position?
4. Is there anything else you wish to tell the voters?
Idahoans expect the most efficient use of their tax dollars. I am a committed fiscal conservative and am of the belief that taxpayer funds should be treated with incredible care and respect. This includes creating a competitive tax structure that supports a long-term vision.
Idaho has done a great job in efficiently utilizing our education dollars. Our education system must offer diverse opportunities to Idaho students. I will help develop a system that gives local school boards more autonomy and the ability to meet their needs.
I will protect Idaho's water from federal overreach and make sure our rivers and aquifers are healthy for future generations.
All of my various community service has prepared me to understand the various and diverse needs of our community. My experience includes the following:
• Vice Chair of the College of Eastern Idaho Board of Trustees
• EIRMC Hospital Board Member
• Co-Chair of the Idaho Ground Water Association (IGWA)
• President of Bonneville Jefferson Ground Water District
• Treasurer for Groundwater District 120
• Idaho Farm Bureau Insurance and Federation Board of Director
• Chair of the American Farm Bureau Labor Committee.
My past experience:
• Bonneville County Republican Women’s President
• Bonneville County Republican Central Committee Precinct Officer
• Republican Party Legislative District 30 Chair
• Bonneville County Farm Bureau President
Idaho faces some very tough challenges right now. Gas, housing, and food prices are skyrocketing. I will fight to balance the state budget and return any surplus to taxpayers in the form of tax cuts. I will also focus on making sure property tax is equitable and fair.
For Idaho to remain competitive, I will work to properly fund education so our children and grandchildren can continue to live, work, and play in this great state.
As a country, state, and even within communities we are seeing a burdensome amount of regulation. This is hurting our economy and small businesses. I will work hard to reduce all unnecessary rules, statutes, and laws.
Having grown up as the second of six children with two working parents I learned to work hard at a young age. My work ethic has continued as I have helped my husband run our potato farming business. My business experiences have taught me how to work through challenges and difficult financial times. I am a great advocate. My experiences can bring great value to not only Bonneville County but all of Eastern Idaho. Idaho is facing one of the worst drought years on records. My experiences of the past 25 years uniquely position me to help craft water policy that will protect this finite resource for future generations. I love my community and care deeply about the future of our great state that I have called home my entire life.
To make a selection for a candidate you must first find your races. Would you like to find your races now?
You have already selected the maximum number of candidates for this race.
You must uncheck an existing selection before making another selection.