Current Public Office, dates held
Omaha City Council
Past Public Office, dates held
3 years college
Viet Nam Veteran
Served 6 years
Co Founder of the Step Up Summer Jobs
program. Gang Intervention work Volunteer at Frances House and the Open Door Mission through my lodge
There needs to be on-going training for police in the areas of dealing with persons with mental illness, crowd control and continuing their diversity training. I must add this police department recognized the need for these kinds of training and began so several years ago. They recognize the need for continued training in these areas.
To me this is the most challenging issue we will face in the coming years. I have worked with Habitat for Humanity since being on the Council as well as Holy Name Housing and the Omaha Economic Development Corporation. The Council approved TIF financing for entities like the ones mentioned so they have the opportunity to build multiple housing with this valuable tool. In addition I have been working with real estate professionals to look tiny houses and shipping containers homes.
It's working well in the areas where it currently operates. It needs to be expanded especially North and South.
Bachelor of Business Administration
MBA to be completed 2023
1) President-Long School Neighborhood Association 2) Founder/Director-24th Street Corridor Alliance 3) Various Office s-Nebraska Chapter, Regional and National-Blacks In Government
• Promote better diversity training and education training for all officers.
• Better law enforcement and prosecution of Officers who willfully break the law by violating civilian rights.
• Include other professionals to work in concert with police. These professionals will assist with special cases such as individuals with mental illness issues, or individuals who should be medicated but or not on their meds.
• Refer constituents to local First time-homeownership programs and agencies.
• Plan to host a variety of community meetings, homeownership will be on the agenda for each meeting.
PROPOSED NEXT STEPS
Due to the early completion of the Route the regions Long Term Transportation Plan (LTTP) has received substantial support from the public. To capitalized on this, we should proceed with the following steps:
Hold community outreach meetings for extending the Route into Council Bluffs IA, and hold outreach meetings for a potential ORBT route long Center Street. These options would greatly increase the City’s ridership, and all would have a massive impact on families.