Trustees are the legislative authority of the township. They also fulfill executive responsibilities for road maintenance, cemetery management, police and fire protection, EMS services, solid waste disposal and zoning in the township.
- Shawnee Township Trustee
- Pre-need Specialist Chamberlain-Huckeriede Funeral Home Lima, OH
- Graduate Shawnee High School
- Lima Technical College/Rhodes State College Associate of Applied Science EMS
Training & Experience
- Resident of Shawnee Township for 54 years
- 28 1/2 years Firefighter/Medic Shawnee Township Fire Department
- Retired as Fire Chief of Shawnee Township Fire Department
- National Association of Township Trustees Association graduate of Leadership Academy
-Over 45 years of Public Service
Shawnee Township Trustee 2 Consecutive Terms
- Rhodes State EMS Advisory Board Member since 2010
- Shawnee Optimist Club Active Member
- 52 year member of Shawnee United Methodist Church
- Shawnee United Methodist Church Lay Pastor / Team Leader for Haiti Mission Trips
- Member of the Pastor Parish Relations Committee
- Member of Task Force LIMA to preserve employment at Joint System Manufacturing Center (Tank Plant)
- Retired Ohio EMS Instructor 36 years
- Former President of Northwest Ohio Fire Chiefs Association
1. Economic Development: The Trustees must engage in the effort to support our current industries and residents in their investment to the community. Since I have been a trustee, there has been over $900 million dollars of investment expansion and update to our current industrial base. I have worked with Task Force LIMA in securing the continued growth of the Joint Manufacturing System Center by securing contracts for the Stryker vehicles, update to the Abrams Tanks and new vehicles to be produced. We are amidst the greatest residential building increase since the 1980’s. Working with Allen Economic Development Group, County Commissioners, and other agencies helps provide security to the future of Shawnee Township.
2. Road, Bridges and Drainage: With the reduction of local government funds by the State of Ohio, it has been difficult for Townships to keep up with the deterioration of travel ways. As a current Trustee I am constantly looking for funding sources and alternative repair methods to provide the community with safe passage. The heavy rains plaguing the Township this past spring and summer has raised awareness that must be addressed in the future.
3.Providing the highest level of Public Safety Services: Our departments have been locally and national recognized for the services they provide. Again the loss of local government funds have taken its toll. I work closely with our Fire Chief and Police Chief to find funding for manning, equipment and training.
Township trustee, coach and motorcycle safety instructor
B.S. in Science,Morehead State University, various graduate studies post college, graduated high school Cridersville Local schools
Training & Experience
20 years as Shawnee Township trustee, 8 years on village council
Throughout the state, townships and other entities as losing tax dollars and funds because of the loss of local government funds and tangible personal property tax. As a township trustee, it is our job to spend local levied monies wisely and to look at any avenue, be it grants, shared services or other ways internally to use our staff and or resources in a wise manner. I will personally continue my effort to engage the residents and give them help in directing their needs and questions to resolve any issues they may have related to what the township's responsibility is, and where to go find the solution for their particular problem.
Owner of Spieles nurseries Landscape design/build Co.
1985 Graduate of Shawnee High School
1990 Graduate of The Ohio State University with a double major in Landscape design and Nursery Management
Training & Experience
Owner of Spieles nurseries since 1990
Ohio certified in Landscaping, Garden Center and Nursery Grower
Owner of Blooms Garden Center
Licensed real estate agent at Oakridge Realty & Auction Co.
Marries for 24 years and have 3 great kids
The major issues that affect Shawnee Township residents is the day to day business of running the township. Also, making common sense decisions that will help the township to continue to grow. We have a lot of great people running our community and I would like to be a part in helping it run smoothly.