Doctorate in Business Administration,
Master of Health Care Administration,
Bachelor of Science in Nursing,
Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences
Current Public Office, dates held
No public office held at this time.
Past Public Office, dates held
Scottsbluff City Councilman-2014-2018
United States Air Force Reserve
Captain and Flight Nurse
Riverside Discovery Center Zoo Board of Directors President,
Nebraska Nurses Association-Legislative Advocacy Committee Member,
Scottsbluff Family YMCA Board of Directors,
Nebraska Foster Care Review Board, Member
3502 Skyline Drive
Scottsbluff, NE 69361
If elected, I would work with citizens and businessmen on "growing our own" businesses and future employees. We can continue to try to promote our area to recruit new companies but in the end, we need to make sure our local businesses are thriving and have the tools in place to continue to be successful.
We need to make sure local businesses have access to the community college for workforce educational trainings, have relationships with other businesses in town, and make sure that every business owner that wants an online presence has the support they need.
As a City, we need to make sure we are working cooperatively with others and are continuing to provide the following:
1. Public Transportation
2. Reliable utilities
3. Site locator
4. Facade Grant Programs
5. Promoting "shop local" opportunities
6. Ambassadors to potential industries and able to demonstrate what we have to offer.
The Scotts Bluff County Entities have Region 22 Emergency Management that would be in charge of all extreme weather events. As a city Councilman, my top priority would be to make sure that all citizens are safe and have the resources they need by supporting Region 22.
1. Safety for our Citizens-continue to make sure that our city agencies have the tools they need to make sure our citizens are safe. For example, safe equipment at our parks, appropriate bike and pedestrian lanes, handicap accessible roads and sidewalks, adequate equipment for Police and Fire departments, and safe drinking water.
2. Landfill-The City's landfill will be reaching its life expectancy soon. A plan needs to be in place to determine where the future landfill will reside.
3. I want to see the city continue to invest in our current infrastructure with the possibility of having an overpass in town, an indoor swimming pool, and enhancements to Riverside Discovery Center Zoo.
1. Aging population-make sure that this population has what they need to live a long and prosperous life. For example, adequate health care resources, vast options for living arrangements, public transportation, and social activities.
2. Decline in population-continue to work with businesses to retain employees and recruit when necessary. Provide citizens with bike/walking trails, clean parks, and a social network to make sure that folks feel welcome to town.
3. Limited resources from the State of NE and the Federal Government-continue to lobby for more resources and work with the Nebraska Chamber of Commerce and the League of municipalities to make sure our voices are heard in the Unicameral and Congress.