Hudson City Council-At-Large
VOTE FOR NO MORE THAN 1 - TERM COMM 12/08/2020 - Salary $80 per meeting, not exceeding $160 per month1 Year Term (unexpired term)City Council’s powers include all legislative powers and determination of policy, appointment of the City Manager, appointment of the Clerk of Council and confirmation of City Manager’s appointment of: Finance Director, Fire/EMS Chief, Police Chief, and Solicitor.The City Council also serves as liaisons and appoints members to various citizen boards, committees, and commissions. The Hudson League of Women Voters held a 2020 Candidates Forum on Sept 17, 2020. The Hudson City Council-At-Large portion of the recorded forum can be viewed here: https://vimeo.com/461560963/cad55b8f53
Click a candidate icon to find more information about the candidate. To compare two candidates, click the "compare" button. To start over, click a candidate icon.
1. A City of Hudson ordinance prohibits campaign contributions of more than $100 to a candidate’s campaign. Will you adhere to this limitation? If you are elected will you accept this limitation or will you seek to change it?
2. What is your opinion of community discussions of social issues or reforms (such as the Hudson Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Alliance) and what role should City Council play in those discussions?
3. Should candidates in a non-partisan race, accept support from a political party? If yes, have you accepted financial or in-kind support from a political party for this race?
4. What do you see now, going forward, as next steps in our approach to the downtown development? How would this fit into a long term strategy to keep Hudson competitive?
5. Our political discourse in Hudson has been extremely divisive in recent months due, in large part, to social media. How will you cooperate and collaborate with other council members?
6. There is ongoing discussion in City Council about enacting term limits for Council members and the Mayor through a Charter amendment to be placed on the 2021 November ballot. Where do you stand on this issue?
To make a selection for a candidate you must first find your races. Would you like to find your races now?
You have already selected the maximum number of candidates for this race.
You must uncheck an existing selection before making another selection.