Colorado State House District 10
The Colorado House of Representatives is the lower house of the Colorado General Assembly, the State legislature of the U.S. state of Colorado. The House is composed of 65 members. Representatives are elected to two-year terms, and are limited to four terms in office but can run again after a two-year respite. The entire House is elected in each general election.Watch the Candidate Forum for CO House District 10 at:https://youtu.be/U3lS2AwoYcQCámara de Representantes de ColoradoLa Cámara de Representantes de Colorado es la cámara inferior de la Asamblea General de Colorado, la legislatura Estatal del estado de Colorado de los EE.UU. La Cámara de Representantes está compuesta por 65 miembros. Los Representantes son elegidos para servir mandatos de dos años, y están limitados a servir cuatro mandatos, pero pueden volver a postularse después de un descanso de dos años. Se elige a la Cámara entera en cada elección general.Mira El CO House District 10 (En Espanol) foro de candidatos:https://youtu.be/uGKTVPT3wgE__________ELECTION INFO: General Election ballots will start to be mailed on October 9th, 2020. Voter Service and Polling Centers open on Monday, October 19th, 2020. Ballots must be received via mail or at drop-off no later than Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020, by 7 pm. If you have not received your ballot or need a replacement, contact your local Clerk & Recorder Elections Office.INFROMACIÓN SOBRE LAS ELECCIONES: Las papeletas de votación para las Elecciones Generales empezarán a ser enviadas el 9 de octubre del 2020. Los Centros de Servicios Electorales se abren el lunes, 19 de octubre del 2020. Las papeletas electorales deben ser enviadas por correo o entregadas en un centro de entrega a más tardar a las 7pm el martes, 3 de noviembre del 2020. Si no ha recibido su papeleta electoral o necesita un reemplazo, comuníquese con su Funcionario Oficial de la Oficina de Elecciones local.
Click a candidate icon to find more information about the candidate. To compare two candidates, click the "compare" button. To start over, click a candidate icon.
Kenneth J. Stickney
What is your number one priority and why?
How will you address the economic crisis that has resulted from the COVID-19 pandemic?
Candidate has not yet responded.
Candidate has not yet responded.
Over 30 years in engineering software development, as developer, engineering director, and program manager with leading edge technology companies. Co-author of two patents. Precinct Captain for Precinct 818. House District 10 Republican Secretary. Avid outdoor enthusiast.
Stopping runaway spending by the State Government is my number one priority. The resounding defeat of Proposition CC in 2018 is a clear signal that spending is an important issue to Colorado voters. Despite TABOR, for the past 10 years the state budget has increased at twice the rate of inflation plus population gain. I propose reining in the budget by eliminating waste and superfluous programs while maintaining and enhancing essential services. Then we can lower taxes and fees on both businesses and individuals. Such tax cuts have been shown to increase business investment and consumer spending, thereby launching a new wave of prosperity for all Coloradans.
- Fight for the immediate full opening up of the economy, letting businesses and individuals determine the level of risk they are willing to tolerate, while restricting very large gatherings and protecting those at risk.
- Forgo my legislative salary and donate it to food banks and other charitable organizations.
- Request that the U.S. Congress and Administration amend the Payroll Protection Plan to allow businesses to have their loans forgiven if they spend no more than 40% on non-payroll expenses, instead of the current 25%, and lengthen the spending period to 16 weeks.
- Amend Colorado Revised Statutes Title 24 to require mandatory legislative approval for the extension of any emergency declaration by the Governor beyond 30 days, thereby guaranteeing accountability from all government branches.
- A license fee holiday of two years for all small businesses, along with reductions in other business- related fees and taxes.
To make a selection for a candidate you must first find your races. Would you like to find your races now?
You have already selected the maximum number of candidates for this race.
You must uncheck an existing selection before making another selection.