Professional Architectural Degree
(equivalent to Masters Degree in Architecture)
Current Public Office, dates held
Lincoln County Commissioner
Past Public Office, dates held
Volunteer youth sports coach (baseball, basketball, soccer, football)
Past and present member of several civic organizations including Jaycees, Shriners, Masons, Chamber of Commerce Ambassadors
1002 Deerwood Dr.
North Platte, NE 69101
I have been on the Board of Directors for the North Platte/Lincoln County Development Corporation for over 30 years. Economic development has always been one of my top priorities. . I would my main areas of focus are supporting and empowering the businesses that are already a part of our community through retention and expansion of local merchants. A second top priority is the recruitment of new business and industry to Lincoln County. As a member of the Development Corporation, we have been successful in helping recruit such businesses as Menards and Walmart Distribution Center #7018, which currently employs over 550 hourly workers alone here in Lincoln County.
1. Public safety and response coordination.
2. Seeing that adequate local resources are in place to respond to the event:
a. Emergency Management personnel
b. Current "LEOP" - Local Emergency Operations Plan
c. Mobile Command Center properly manned and dispatched in a timely manner.
3. Coordination of all public information and local resources to help mitigate the event after is has subsided. This would include filing of a local emergency declaration and submitting necessary documentation to FEMA and NEMA to assist in funding recovery efforts if applicable.
1. Maintaining current essential services without raises taxes. I have voted each year to reduce the proposed Lincoln County budget requests, resulting in a savings to the taxpayer in excess of a million dollars. Also, as a board, we have strived to share resources, including personnel, with the City of North Platte, passing this savings on to the taxpayer.
2. The reconstruction and re-opening of South River Road (from S. Buffalo Bill west) to the public.
3. Completion of the jail expansion and maintaining strong public safety/law enforcement.
The biggest asset I feel I bring is my experience and overall understanding of the operations of this county.
As an elected official, I look at both sides of each and every issue presented, based upon the information available at the time, and proceed with what I feel would be in the best overall interest of the county. In all of my years in office I have never told someone I would agree to any one specific project that they might personally benefit from, but to represent what, in my opinion, is in the best interest of all citizens of Lincoln County.
I have worked very hard over the years, not only as your representative here at home, but also in seeing that your concerns are heard by elected officials in both Lincoln and Washington, D.C.