Montrose County Commissioner Dist 1
Responsibilities of the office: County Commissioners in Colorado are responsible for adopting the county budget; declaring county emergencies; entering into contracts; purchasing, maintaining and selling county property; providing human services; authority for roadways, land use and zoning in unincorporated areas; developing and implementing county policy; supervision of the County Administrator and staff; and working in cooperation with other elected county officials and municipal officials within the county.Term for each seat: Four years. Limit is two consecutive four-year terms.How Elected: County Commissioners are elected at large by all eligible voters within the county but a candidate must live within their specific district._________Comisionados del Condado Responsabilidades del Cargo: Los comisionados del condado de Colorado son responsables de adoptar el presupuesto del condado; declarar emergencias del condado; gestionar contratos; comprar, mantener, y vender propiedades del condado; proporcionar servicios humanos; autoridad para carreteras, y el uso de tierras y la zonificación de zonas no incorporadas; desarrollar e implementar políticas del condado; supervisar al Administrador y al personal del condado; y trabajar en cooperación con otros funcionarios electos del condado y funcionarios municipales dentro del condado.Term for each seat: Four years. Limit is two consecutive four-year terms.El mandato de cada cargo: Cuatro años. El limite es dos mandatos consecutivos de cuatro años._______ELECTION INFO: General Election ballots will start to be mailed on October 9th, 2020. Voter Service and Polling Centers open on Monday, October 19th, 2020. Ballots must be received via mail or at drop-off no later than Tuesday, November 3rd, 2020, by 7 pm. If you have not received your ballot or need a replacement, contact your local Clerk & Recorder Elections OfficeINFROMACIÓN SOBRE LAS ELECCIONES: Las papeletas de votación para las Elecciones Generales empezarán a ser enviadas el 9 de octubre del 2020. Los Centros de Servicios Electorales se abren el lunes, 19 de octubre del 2020. Las papeletas electorales deben ser enviadas por correo o entregadas en un centro de entrega a más tardar a las 7pm el martes, 3 de noviembre del 2020. Si no ha recibido su papeleta electoral o necesita un reemplazo, comuníquese con su Funcionario Oficial de la Oficina de Elecciones local
Click a candidate icon to find more information about the candidate. To compare two candidates, click the "compare" button. To start over, click a candidate icon.
What are your top priorities for the county and how will you address them?
What factors will guide your financial and budgeting decisions?
My background is service to the citizens of Montrose as a police officer and county commissioner. I believe I have made a difference in our community working hard making the right decisions for the right reasons and gaining your trust in your elected officials.
My top priorities:
1. Continue to maintain trust with you and your Montrose County government through transparency at all levels.
2. Continue to insure your tax dollars are being utilized efficiently and not wasted on projects that benefit the few instead of the many.
3. Continue developing our relationships with our partner governments in Montrose County and surrounding counties.
4. Continue to promote civic engagement and listen to you the citizens who elected me, most politician forget to listen I won't.
5. Continue to support, respect and recognize the county's outstanding employees who deliver services we need.
6. Continue to protect private property rights.
7. Continue to support our local law enforcement who keep our streets and community safe.
8. Continue to promote private partnerships when costs dictate using private contractors, especially for road maintenance contracts.
9. Continue to insure our veterans are honored and respected.
The guiding factors:
1. Be smart and set aside a reserve when revenues are up so when the economy is down the county can continue to function efficiently.
2. Priority based budgeting!
3. Listen to your finance people and get their input, but make your own decisions with the best information you get from all sources.
4. Looking at ways to build efficiency through technology.
5. Having a forward thinking plan for operation. We do five year modeling for all funds.
6. Looking at revenues and economic trends and using that information to make good budget decisions.
7. Listening to the citizens.
Candidate has not yet responded.
Candidate has not yet responded.
To make a selection for a candidate you must first find your races. Would you like to find your races now?
You have already selected the maximum number of candidates for this race.
You must uncheck an existing selection before making another selection.