Assistant Prosecuting Attorney
University of Cincinnati College of Law with honors
I served on active duty in the U.S. Marine Corps as a Judge Advocate. I left active duty in 2015. Currently I am a prosecutor for the City of Cincinnati. I also serve as the Veteran Treatment Court prosecutor.
Public service is an honor and it would be an honor to serve Hamilton County as an elected official.
Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors, Realtors PAC,
Equality Cincinnati PAC,
Cincinnati AFL/CIO, Laborers Local 265, AFSCME Ohio Council 8,
Greater Cincinnati Building and Trades,
United Food and Commercial Workers Local 75,
Cincinnati Federation of Teachers,
Greater Cincinnati UAW CAP Council, 1889 Friends of the Sentinels,
United States Senator Sherrod Brown,
Ohio State Senator Cecil Thomas,
Former Hamilton County Recorder Wayne Coates, Hamilton County Democratic Party
We need a Marine prosecutor in this position to protect our homes, help our veterans, and to remove unlawful restrictive covenants from our deeds.
1) First priority is to protect our homes. Since 2017 criminals have stolen over 1.5 million dollars worth of property by filing false deeds at the Recorders office. One of the victims reported it cost over $11,000 to get their property back. We need to implement a fraud alert system to protect our homes. A fraud alert system will deter criminals from operating here, provide the county early detection for criminal investigation, and will protect you the homeowner. We are the only county in southwest Ohio without a fraud alert system.
2) Second priority is to help our veterans by improving the Recorder's Veteran ID card by collaborating with business to get veterans the financial help they need.
3) Finally we need to work with our legislature to pass laws allowing redaction of racist covenants in our deeds.
I would digitize all deeds so that the information is on the website. The goal is to be able to do a title search electronically. On April 20, 2018 the Recorder’s office released access to images for deed books from 1967 to 1988. We need to continue this process. I would also improve community outreach at the office by being proactive with providing outside presentations and would target veteran organizations to highlight the veteran ID card. I would also consider weekend hours for the office.
On my first day in office we will finally implement a fraud alert system. This should have been done years ago. Since 2017 we have had two major instances of sophisticated criminal enterprises filing fraudulent deeds at the Recorder's office effectively stealing homes. In 2018 Butler, Warren, Clermont, and Montgomery counties all implemented fraud alert systems. We still do not have one. A fraud alert system will deter criminals from targeting our county and will protect our homes from fraud.
Hamilton County Recorder
University of Cincinnati undergraduate, Chase College of Law, Ohio Peace Officer Basic Training Program.
Current Recorder, former Judge in three courts - Domestic Relations, Municipal and Common Pleas, former Federal Prosecutor, former public school teacher
We need public officials to be honest, hard-working, trustworthy and do the job taxpayers pay them to do.
Fraternal Order of Police Queen City Lodge #69 and Cincinnati Right to Life PAC.
In past elections I have received the following endorsements:
Cincinnati Area Board of Realtors, Coalitions Opposed to Additional Spending and Taxes, Citizens for Community Values Action PAC, Labor Unions including Cincinnati Firefighters.
Advisory Board, Ronald McDonald House of Greater Cincinnati.
Chairman, Board of Trustees, Chase College of Law Foundation.
Member, Cincinnati Citizens Police Association.
As promised, I have done the following:
• As your Taxpayer Watchdog I will continue to tirelessly advocate for efficient government and lower property taxes.
• Released access to over one million additional images of Deed Books online.
• Copies can be made, free of charge, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, online.
As your Recorder, I have initiated the following changes at no additional cost to Taxpayers:
• Expanded business hours (7:30am to 4:30pm and until 5:00pm with afterhours passes).
• Created Information Desk to help customers use the Recorder’s Office.
• Simplified website to allow customers better access to online copies free of charge.
• Veterans get free identification cards which help to get benefits and merchant discounts.
• Creating a digital library of Historical Documents.
As a former Federal Prosecutor and Judge, I make it a priority to protect records as your County Recorder. I work with our County Prosecutor and State Legislators in promoting stricter penalties for fraudulent deed transfers and protecting documents by redaction of sensitive personal information on our website. .