Virginia House of Delegates District 47
The Virginia House of Delegates consists of 100 members. Each delegate is elected from a separate and distinct district for a term of two years, and all delegates' terms begin and end at the same time. Every two years, the House reorganizes after the general election in which they are elected. Visit https://virginiageneralassembly.gov for more information.
Click a candidate icon to find more information about the candidate. To compare two candidates, click the "compare" button. To start over, click a candidate icon.
What do you believe is the top priority for your district, and what is your plan to address it?
What measures, if any, would you support to ensure the right to vote and election integrity?
Regarding fair redistricting, (1) Do you support the proposal for a Virginia Redistricting Commission and why? (2) If the Constitutional Amendment is adopted, what legislation would you support to implement the commission?
What solutions would you support to reduce the current level of gun violence in Virginia?
What are your two top priorities regarding Amazon's arrival in Arlington and the challenges and/or opportunities this presents for our region?
Affordable housing. I support the state appropriating increased funding for affordable and permanent supportive housing.
1) Early Voting
2) No-excuse absentee voting
3) Universal voter registration
4) Same-day voting registration
5) Repeal Voter ID Laws
6) Automatic restoration of voting rights for ex-offenders who have served their time
7) Ranked Choice Voting (RCV)
2) Ensure minority representation on the citizen panel and, in the event the Virginia Supreme Court has to draw the lines, instructions to use an objective, neutral party special master to draw the lines.
1) Universal background checks
2) Assault weapons ban
3) Limit the size of high-capacity gun magazines
4) Funding gun violence research seeking evidence-based interventions to curb city gun violence and new tools to help law enforcement collect evidence, trace all crime guns, reduce trafficking, and solve gun crimes
5) Red Flag laws allowing family members and police to ask a judge to temporarily block a person from possessing firearms if they pose a threat to themselves or others
6) Repealing immunity for the gun industry and requiring smarter, safer firearms
1) Affordable Housing
Both present opportunities for County and State leaders to leverage resources gained from Amazon's arrival, earmarking those funds to create more housing options, make housing more affordable, and create more opportunities for transit-oriented solutions.
To make a selection for a candidate you must first find your races. Would you like to find your races now?
You have already selected the maximum number of candidates for this race.
You must uncheck an existing selection before making another selection.