I am Completing My undergraduate studies at the present time.
Qualifications for Office
I was Planing committee secretary from 2004 to 2013,when I was Appointed to Mt. Pocono Borough Council. I was voted Vice President in 2014, and I was voted in as Council President in 01/2016. I have fourteen years experienced working in Borough polictics.
There is always room for improvement in any office, as Councilman efficiency and effectiveness depends on the willingness of your fellow constituents to work together proactively to accomplish such a feat, it cannot be done by one's self. I know this from experience. I have learned during the fourteen years I served the Borough as Councilman and Committeeman to be open to the perspective of everyone's point of views and work as a team,
West Perry High School (valedictorian) • University of Pennsylvania - Bachelor of Arts, neuroscience • New York University - Master of Science
I am currently Mayor of Mount Pocono and an entrepreneur and publisher of books, textbooks, and journals in science, technology, medicine, and finance.
Qualifications for Office
Over 23 years of budgeting and cost-saving experience
• Have managed departments within a global company, from 60 employees down to one
• Have managed multi-million dollar publishing programs
• Have generated new income via new revenue streams with creative ideas and solutions
• Offer open dialogue and free exchange of ideas with Positivity and Civility
• Current Mayor of Mount Pocono
• Founding Member of the new Mount Pocono Association • Municipal Authority Boardmember • Regional Police Commissioner • Committees: Planning, Budget, Personnel, EMS, Sanitation, Buildings
• Recent accomplishments as mayor:
Vetoed ordinance that would have been a risk to public safety, especially to women and children - Voted against ordinance that would have allowed backyard chickens in our small borough without protections for public health - Safety improvements on the 611 corridor through downtown - Helped to establish new Monroe County Land Bank to fight local blight - a new Christmas Market - Shepherding a Borough-wide grant program to put us on a 5-year plan - ensuring that developers who use and profit off our roads help maintain them.
I have specific proposals that will help build our community. With a new Borough Council in January, I expect to be able to move past the obstruction of the past year and move forward with solutions to a number of our problems. I do not have every answer, but I welcome dialogue and advice. The Borough’s revenue streams are relatively fixed; there are only a few. There are variables that affect those revenue streams however. To increase revenues, the Borough must increase its tax rolls (without raising taxes).
My vision for Mount Pocono and my priorities include:
Rebuilding and transforming downtown Mount Pocono – filling empty storefronts and lots
• Developing business opportunity throughout the Borough
• Revitalizing our local economy
• Focusing on fiscal responsibility
• Auditing the Borough’s recent and past budgets for inaccurate and inconsistent budgeting and accounting practices – with the aim to improve and better our budgeting and accounting processes.
IDEAS and SOLUTIONS