Colorado City Metropolitan District Ballot Issue 5A
Dominion Voting Systems BallotShall the Colorado City Metropolitan District be allowed to collect, keep and spend all of the revenue it receives in 2017 and thereafter, as a voter approved exemption to the TABOR amendment( Article 10, Section 20 of the Colorado Constitution, the 5.5% property tax revenue limitation set forth in section 29-1-301 of the Colorado Revised Statutes) or any other law.Ballot language:SHALL COLORADO CITY METROPOLITAN DISTRICT BE AUTHORIZED TO COLLECT, RETAIN AND SPEND ALL REVENUES IT RECEIVES FROM ALL SOURCES IN FISCAL YEAR 2017 AND THEREAFTER AS VOTER-APPROVED REVENUE CHANGE AND AN EXCEPTION TO THE LIMITS THAT WOULD OTHERWISE APPLY UNDER ARTICLE X, SECTION 20 OF THE COLORADO CONSTITUTION, THE 5.5% PROPERTY TAX REVENUE LIMITATION SET FORTH IN SECTION 29-1-301 OF THE COLORADO REVISED STATUTES OR ANY OTHER LAW?
CHOOSE TWO CANDIDATES FROM BELOW TO COMPARE
Yes - For the Measure
No - Against the Measure
• This would allow the Colorado City Metropolitan District to keep much needed revenue now and in the future.
• This would allow the District to provide needed services.
• Would reduce the need for future special elections due to TABOR issues.
• The Metropolitan Board needs to be held responsible for spending and taxation issues.
• Taxpayers should be able to vote on any tax increase.
To make a selection for a candidate you must first find your races. Would you like to find your races now?
You have already selected the maximum number of candidates for this race.
You must uncheck an existing selection before making another selection.