Staci Chivetta (N)
Interior Designer + Project Manager
Masters of Interior Architecture + Product Design from Kansas State University
Merriam Public Art Committee
5701 Merriam Drive Steering Committee, chair
American Institute of Architects, KC Chapter - Women in Design
Girl Scouts Cookie Construction
1. What do you believe are the three critical projects or initiatives that will move your city/district forward?
1. Revitalization of Downtown Merriam + other empty spaces that could diversify our sales tax base
2. Family Driven - striving to keep Merriam safe and family friendly
3. Independent Voice - make sure the constituents are being heard and kept in the know on issues that effect daily life in Merriam
2. What skills, expertise, or competencies qualify you for this position?
In my current professional experience as a licensed interior designer and project manager it is my job to help create safe environments for people to occupy by working with a team of many trades. I am very logistically focused and I am constantly concerned with how things will get done on time and on budget.
3. What specific actions should your city take or continue to insure affordable housing is available?
Being a 4.5 square mile city that is landlocked on all sides we need to be very sensitive to the fact that we might need to grow denser to allow for construction of more affordable housing. I think we need to rely on our Comprehensive Plan Committee, who are just getting started on that plan, to really help identify where and if more affordable housing options are a need in Merriam.
4. Shawnee, Olathe, Lenexa, Overland Park candidates: Should your city adopt a non-discrimination ordinance that provides legal protections for LGBTQ+ individuals?
Candidate has not yet responded.