Highland Park Borough Mayor
Highland Park has a Mayor and Council form of government in which the Mayor and Borough Council have separate executive and legislative powers. This provides a system of checks and balances by avoiding a large concentration of power in either the Council or the Office of Mayor. The Mayor votes only in case of a tie. The mayor is elected to a four year term.
Click a candidate icon to find more information about the candidate. To compare two candidates, click the "compare" button. To start over, click a candidate icon.
Gayle Brill Mittler
What are the critical issues that you see facing the community now and how would you prioritize them?
How would your election provide the leadership that you believe best serves the community?
7 ELBERT CT
Highland Park, NJ 08904
1. INFRASTRUCTURE REPAIRS AND UPGRADES. Our water and sewer infrastructure is over 100 years old in areas and must be better managed and updated to meet 21st Century standards and requirements.
2. TAX STABILIZATION. HP residents currently pay one of the highest real estate taxes in Middlesex County.
3. DOWNTOWN DEVELOPMENT. With no large corporate rateables in our Borough, downtown development is critical to the economic future of Highland Park.
4. QUALITY OF LIFE: Highland Park is not only ethnically diverse, it is also economically diverse. We must be conscious of addressing the needs of ALL of our residents.
5. TRANSPARENCY. Openness yields greater trust. We will continue new communications and accessible open meetings.
I have been involved in my community of Highland Park over the last 30+ years: a) PTO mom, b) HP Educational Foundation, c) creation of Main Street Highland Park, d) Democratic Committee Chair, e) Temple President, f) to my positions on HP Council in 2009, Council President in 2013 and Mayor in 2014.
I am a small business owner in Highland Park since 2003.
I chose to raise my family here because I believe in the values our community. These values, and my varied background, guide me in the management of our municipality and in understanding the needs of our population. We've made so much progress. There is so much more to do. Once re-elected, I hope you will join me in building on our progress and move our community forward in unity.
To make a selection for a candidate you must first find your races. Would you like to find your races now?
You have already selected the maximum number of candidates for this race.
You must uncheck an existing selection before making another selection.