As a mom of 3 kids who attend/have attended Blue Valley schools, I have a vested interest in the continued success of our district. I have volunteered and built relationships during the 30 years that I have lived here. Community takes a lot of work and investment. My work/educational background in corrections gives me valuable insight into dealing with mental health and substance abuse issues and my involvement within our schools/community will be a voice of experience to move us forward.
Bachelors Degree in Criminal Justice from the University of Nebraska and a Masters Degree in Management from Baker University.
● Overland Park Community Development Block Grant Citizens Advisory Committee 2018 - present
- Mayoral Appointee
● Board Member for Friends of the Johnson County Library 2018 - present
● Blue Valley Southwest High School 2018 - present
- PTO President
● Johnson County League of Women Voters 2008 - present
- Vice President (2017 - 2018)
- Chair of Observer Corps (2010 - 2014)
- Chair of Voter Service (2008 - 2010)
● Blue Valley Education Foundation Night of Lights 2017 - present
● Blue Valley School District Board Advisory Committee, Student Services Committee 2017 - present
● Team Admin for Sporting Blue Valley Premier soccer team 2016 - present
● Site-Based Leadership Council, Morse Elementary 2014 - present
● Church of the Resurrection 2014 - present
- Security Team
● Blue Valley School District Board Advisory Committee, Curriculum and Instruction 2013 - 2017
● Kids on the Block, Option Options (formerly part of United Cerebral Palsy) 2011- present
● Blue Valley Recreation Citizens Advisory Committee 2010 - 2015
- Patron Liaison
● President of Kansas Organization for Victim Assistance (kovakansas.org) 2003 and 2004
● COMVAC Sub-Committee Member Summer, 2003
- Researched impact of Batterer’s Intervention programs
● Safehome Domestic Violence Shelter 1999 - 2002
● Class Representative for Master’s Program at Baker University August, 1997 - May, 1999
● Women’s Domestic Violence Shelter Volunteer - Safehome 1996 - 1998
12301 W 155th St
Overland Park, KS 66221
1. Protect the well being of our children.
2. Support individualized learning.
3. Advocate for continued equitable and adequate funding.
Mental health is an incredibly important issue that our schools must continue to address. My educational background in corrections has given me experience in working with people with mental health and substance abuse issues. I have also expertise in providing oversight, whether it was as a probation officer or as a treatment provider monitor for the Courts.
Diversity is important to a strong community. My goal is to move toward an environment where our children feel comfortable in sharing their differences. Diversity should be celebrated and embraced within our schools.
Stephanie is uniquely qualified to be on the Blue Valley School Board. Along with her husband, Stephanie has lived in the District for 16 years and has two kids in Blue Valley Schools. Stephanie understands the importance of maintaining a high-quality education for our kids.
Bachelor of Arts in Accounting & Business Administration from MidAmerica Nazarene University
Graduate - Olathe Civic Academy, Graduate - Eisenhower Excellence in Public Service, Republican Precinct Committeewoman, Treasurer for Rep. Megan Lynn, Serves on two boards at her church
13924 W 139th Terr
1) We have great teachers, but we want to make sure we are retaining those teachers with competitive salaries and providing more resources to their classrooms.
2) The district needs to provide more instruction to help students become ready for life. This includes personal finance education, communication skills and learning personal responsibility.
3) Making the most of the money we have. I want to make sure that the money being spent results in measurable positive outcomes for our students and respect Blue Valley taxpayers and patrons needs.
I have been involved in various capacities in Blue Valley Schools for 11 years. I have served in Elementary, Middle School and High School in various PTO and volunteer roles. On the district level I was on the Blue Valley Curriculum and Instruction board for 4 years, school liaison and volunteer with the Blue Valley Education Foundation and currently the BV Well Program chair. Because of my extensive involvement in the schools as well as at the district level I feel I have built relationships with teachers, building administrators as well as district office staff. Also, because of my background in accounting and finance I believe I can bring that knowledge to the school board.
We need to ensure that all students feel welcome and are treated with respect. We can do so by encouraging such an environment in everything we do, from how we run the district to how we teach our students to communicate with one another. Blue Valley should be the leader in this area.