J.D., University of Virginia School of Law; B.S. (Journalism), Kent State University.
I am a trial attorney who has defeated some of the state's most powerful corporations in court, earning a rank among the top 2.5 percent of Texas lawyers under 40 according to "Texas Super Lawyers."
Free legal representation of hurricane victims cheated by landlords; free legal representation in civil rights case against prison officials; Houston Young Lawyers Association; Harris County Democratic Party (Judicial Candidate Screening Committee).
1) Invest in public schools as our #1 budget priority: Restore the state’s share of public school funding to at least 50 percent and use Rainy Day funds to repair the still-devastating consequences of the funding “gap” created by the $4 billion school funding cut in 2011.
2) Enact flood control solutions: Control carbon emissions to reduce Texas’ contributions to climate change. Toughen rules for new construction to protect existing homes. Create and properly fund a 13-county regional Flood Control District to accept responsibility for all storm water issues.
3) Stop all the hate: No more discrimination. No more dividing families. Diversity is one of Houston’s greatest strengths, immigrants make our city great, and we deserve leaders who will resist the culture of hate that Trump has stoked. We must resist and repeal discriminatory laws such as the “Show Me Your Papers” Senate Bill 4, and the never-ending flood of anti-immigrant and anti-LGBTQ bills filed every session.
1) Restore the state's share of public school funding to at least 50 percent of the total cost of public school education, thereby supporting our students and relieving the burden on local property taxpayers.
2) Fix the recapture system to reflect 2018 realities and to stop penalizing districts, including Spring Branch ISD, that are superficially "property rich" but in reality have large populations of students from lower-income families.
3) Provide funds to local districts for full-day pre-K.
4) Stop the overuse of standardized testing so that more classroom time can be spent on lessons rather than test preparation and so that teachers and schools can be assessed on fairer, more reliable criteria.
5) Oppose "vouchers" and other schemes to privatize or defund our public schools. For example, Cy-Fair ISD receives $0 in state funding for facilities, but the state just gave $60 million in facilities funding to unproven start-ups. That's not fair and must change.
The Texas Legislature should (1) reduce criminal penalties for the offenses commonly committed by trafficking victims so they do not become stigmatized and unemployable, (2) create an easy path to expunging the criminal records of trafficking victims and create a legal presumption that any prostitution defendant under 18 is a trafficking victim, (3) support legal aid programs so that victims have better access to attorneys and court translators, (4) increase state funding to provide victims with transition services (such as medical care, job counseling, and temporary housing) to ease the path back to a normal life, and (5) properly fund the state's child welfare system so that fewer wards of the state become trafficking victims.
BS - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
Minister - Asst Pastor
Project Manager Estimator
Production Manager Purchasing Agent
VP - Business Development Media Copywriter & Editor
Contract Coordinator Project Secretary
Board Member - Last Chance Recovery Center
Former Board Member - Equality Texas Foundation
Former Board Member - Houston Transgender Unity Committee
Former Board Member - Victory Fund Campaign Board
Member of Writers Guild of America
Member of NAACP
1. Flood mitigation, reservoir repairs and infrastructure repairs;
I propose to reallocate funds from the budget for the safety of all of District.138.
I propose properly funding schools and higher education.
3. Medical care for all Texans and raising Texas from third world Infant mortality
I propose supporting Medicaid and A.C.A. expansion; CHIPS; improving Infant mortality through adequate local medical care..
Support early childhood education and proper funding of schools, including higher education, in Texas.
We should allocate the funds and officers on the border creating a task force to seek out and arrest traffickers and there criminal organizations.