SUPERVISOR - NORTH SALEM
Term: 2 years Salary: $83,000
CHOOSE TWO CANDIDATES FROM BELOW TO COMPARE
Warren J. Lucas (R, C, IN)
Town Supervisor of North Salem
Please state your approach to the most important issue(s) facing your office.
What is your position on increasing the supply of fair and affordable housing in your community?
City/Town of Residence
North Salem, NY
Current Political Office
BS Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute
Prior Civic Service
27 years Town Board, President of the Westchester Putnam Association of Town Supervisors, Former President of the Westchester Municipal Officials Association 2 years ZBA, 2 years Library Board, Board member president of Bloomerside Coop,
Protecting everyone's quality of life;
- A new sewer district covering 19% of the homes in Town around Peach Lake and we just installed special filters around the lake to -improve water quality. Home improvements have increased.
- A new Master and Recreation Plan were created
- Roads, drainage systems, equipment have been updated.
- Town facilities have been rebuilt
- Townwide Reval just finished
- Continue to push the DOT to fix local roadways
- Purdys DOT grant for improved train access
We have just finished building 64 units of FAAH affordable housing (www.bridleside.com) and have increased other affordable housing stock. Jim Johnson, the Monitor assigned by the Courts to the HUD/Westchester lawsuit gave North Salem the highest favorable ranking well above all other municipalities in Westchester. We are the only Town that has reached their "Rutgers number".
To make a selection for a candidate you must first find your races. Would you like to find your races now?
You have already selected the maximum number of candidates for this race.
You must uncheck an existing selection before making another selection.